Wild Women Talk Back is a funny, inspirational banquet of delicious bon mots, quips, and unforgettable one-liners from movie stars, musicians, politicians, and women writers. The wild women quoted in this book are sassy, outrageous, and wickedly funny. From sex to motherhood, physical appearance to self-esteem, and coping with a career to finding wisdom, the women quoted here offer their own brash brand of counsel and commentary on themes common to women’s lives:
Wild Women Talk Back: Audacious Advice for the Bedroom, Boardroom, and Beyond
• "I still miss my ex-husband, but my aim is improving."—Debbie Marsh, pistol owner
• "I’m as good a mother as the next repressed, obsessive-compulsive paranoiac."—Annie Lamott, best-selling single mom
• "No more tears now; I will think of revenge."—Mary, Queen of Scots
• "Some people were raised by wolves. I was raised by drag queens."—Margaret Cho, comic monologist
• "I’m not funny. What I am is brave."—Lucille Ball
Sometimes shocking, always entertaining, everyone from Madonna to Dr. Ruth to Isabel Allende weighs in on the meaning of life with wild-woman wit and timeless wisdom. Wild Women Talk Back is arranged into sections, such as Self-Esteem: On Being the Bees Knees, Working Women (Oh, Like There Are Any Other Kind) and Child Rearing and House Keeping. Compiler and author Autumn Stephens introduces each section, shedding contemporary light on the collection of quotes.
Sure to lift anyone’s spirit, Wild Women Talk Back is sure to help any woman rejoice in her wild side.